Who we are
Our approach to what we do with your personal data: your rights
The Data Protection Act 1998 entitles you to see details of the information we hold about you, on request by you at any time, subject always to payment (accompanying each such request) of a fee of £10 by cheque made payable to Objective Software Services Limited. If any of the information held is inaccurate we will make any necessary amendments and confirm to you that these have been made.
You are also entitled to ask us to remove your personal information from our records and if you wish to do this, then please write to the Data Protection Officer at OSS, 1 Glasdrum Avenue, Fort William, Scotland PH33 6QS. Please provide your full name, address and date of birth when contacting us.
Information We Collect
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you registered as a Zeezaw user, or in response to user surveys which we may carry out from time to time.
- Details of your Amazon Wish List or an Amazon Wish List established by a third party and to which you have access.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer to enable us to improve our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website. Such information will not identify you personally as it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever. Similarly to the above, we may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you. All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website. We do not carry any third-party advertising on our website, therefore, you need not worry about 3rd party cookies being downloaded onto your computer.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our services, to provide information on other services or products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service changes, that may affect our service.
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and/or services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. Unlike some other websites, we will not enable third parties, with the exception of Amazon, to use your data in connection with any of their services. We pride ourselves in not relying on hidden techniques to make money.
Storing Your Personal Data
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any). We may also disclose your personal information to Amazon or any Amazon operating company, or to other third parties:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
Links to other websites
Last updated: October 2009.